Sunday, March 6, 2011

"There are places i'll remember, All my life though some have changed, Some forever not for better, Some have gone and some remain, All these places have their moments, With lovers and friends I still can recall, Some are dead and some are living, In my life I've loved them all" — John Lennon

There are certain times in your life when everything just feels perfect. Nothing could be better. Everyday is a new opportunity, a new adventure, another chance to experience. Life is simple and beautiful. Right now, is one of those times.
Everyday, I wake up in Italy. I go to class in Italy. I brush my teeth in Italy. Everything.is.awesome.

Seriously though, I'm so blessed, and I don't acknowledge it enough. So, here's a BIG thank you to my parents for funding my 'study abroad' aka semester vacation/general gallivanting around Europe. I know I don't say it enough, but I am incredibly thankful for your willingness to pay for me to go to TCU and Italy, regardless of the ridiculous cost and distance related transportation fees. Bottom line, I think you're pretty bomb and I love you. Andddd I can't wait for you to come visit!

Two weekends ago, our program took a day trip to Siena, just an hour bus ride away. Siena is a hilltop town rooted deep in Tuscany. Although very small, it has a quaint charm that makes you feel at home. The weather was a sunny, 55 degrees, and it was perfect for relaxing in the city square following our tours of churches and galleries. Siena had AMAZING views. You have to climb up very claustrophobic, winding stairs to see them, but it was so worth it. Even if you have to pass a fat man and his wife in the stairwell that's clearly not large enough for more than one person, it's worth it. Even if those people don't speak english, so the directions you are  attempting to spit out while pressed between the fat man's stomach and the wall are going completely unheard, it's worth it. I promise you, it's worth it.



The first Cathedral we went to. They have St. Catherine's pinky finger here. 



Everywhere you looked was beautiful



This building borders the city square. I can't remember the name, but it's the subject of many of my photos.

Yes, I am a creeper but this girl is too adorable


This is the most beautiful cathedral I've ever seen

They don't skimp on details in Siena

Amazing. 

On top of Siena's Duomo, yes this is after the dreaded stairs

Love this shot


The dome of the cathedral

So much beauty here. 



I'm serious. I had to fit past a fat Italian man in these stairs. I'm shocked I'm not still stuck, actually

The town square

Teal and Veronica relaxing

This adorable little one graced us with his presence multiple times

Teal is gorgeous. also, this was a candid
I absolutely loved Siena. It was incredibly beautiful, and I got to experience it with amazing friends. I also got a major work out walking up insane/treacherous hills disguised as streets, so win win win, I guess. Seriously, I didn't look, but I have to assume the women of Siena all have amazing asses--with every step I was discovering new muscles I never knew existed, but alas, I digress. To offset how lame this post is, I'll attempt to end it with some creativity. A haiku, if you may.

Pretty Siena
A Hilltop escape, you whip
My ass into shape

There you go, my attempt at humor. When I get my act together I promise to write about Carnivale in Venice!  But for now, Ciao, mi amici!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOUR POSTS SARAH
    You have a wonderful "voice" to your writing
    xoxox kelly

    ReplyDelete